I haven’t been a complete bum – I’ve made a little bit of progress on my two projects.
For the two chairs I bought from Craigslist — I finally found some nice navy blue greek key fabric on Fabric.com. It was a little bit pricey, but I think it will be marvelous. Now I need to invest in an upholstery gun.
I also found a persimmon version that looked great, and a little cheaper to boot:
Second, I sanded the midcentury modern nightstand I found on the side of the road. I am sticking by my initial assessment that the wood is teak – it is very heavy and sanded down to a nice blonde color. I still have to get some of the nooks and crannies, and go over it with a 100 or 120 grit sandpaper, but at least this is a start:
I unscrewed the legs and the handle to make things a little easier and neater: